Kansas Lions Multiple District 17
Welcome to Kansas Lions Band
2015 Kansas Lions Band Information & Downloads:
1. Bedding (pillow, pillow case, blanket, & sheets will be provided again this year. If you tend to be cold at night, you may want to bring an extra blanket. You will need to bring bath towels & a wash cloth.
2. Registration on June 2nd will start at noon. Please make sure that you stop for lunch before registering. First camp meal will be that evening.
3. Lost room key fee is $50.00. You will be required to pay that fee prior to leaving on Saturday.
4. Please bring you individual music stands.
5. Walking from Ellsworth Hall to Murphy Hall & the Lied Center are both fair hikes. Make sure that you have sensible walking shoes. With all the rain we are receiving recently, you may also want to have an umbrella handy as well.
6. There is a lot of current construction on the west side of the KU campus. We will be housed in Ellsworth Hall. Directions to Ellsworth Hall: Take KS 59/Iowa Street to 15th Street turn East, then take the first road going South (Engel Road). You will be going along the construction areas, so be very cautious. Look for the Kansas Lions Band trailer and our new flag signs (we will have them in front of the dorm. Ellsworth Hall's address is 1734 Engel Road. See the KU Campus Map link below.
KU Campus Map - Ellsworth Hall
2015 Daily Band Camp Schedule (updated)
2015 Audition Procedures (Concert Band and Jazz Band)
List of 2015 Band Students (249 as of 23 May)
2015 State and International Band Application (Word Doc)
2015 State and International Band Application (PDF Fillable Form)
2015 Medical Release Form (Word Doc)
2015 Medical Release Form (PDF Fillable Form)
2015 Behavior Policies & Items Need for Camp
New Band Uniform Information (Looking for Donations)
Check out these two clips from the 2014 Friday and Saturday concerts.
Jazz Band & Percussion (Friday)
"Don't Your Here Those Lions Roar" (Saturday)
International Band Director - Robert Foster Jr Bio
Kansas Lions Band Brochure
Future State Band & International Dates/Locations:
2015 State Concert Band - University of Kansas (2-6 June)
2016 State Concert Band - TBD (31 May - 4 Jun3)
2016 International Marching Band - Fukuoka, Japan (24-28 June)
2017 International Marching Band - Chicago, Illinois (30 Jun to 4 Jul)
2018 International Convention - Las Vegas, Nevada (29 Jun to 3 Jul)
For Additional Information Contact
Hans and Shari Neidhardt
7400 NW Ayr Road
Potwin, Kansas 67123
Don't forget to preserve your memories of this important event by ordereing a video from Alexander Video Productions. Orders for DVDs will be available
at the concert. Check Out This Youtube Video Of Last Year's Band - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOw3q31rjbs